One of the most commonly used lead generation methods in today’s digital world is cold email sending. Building an email list for a new business is very expensive and time consuming. This is why most new businesses take the opportunity to send cold emails to give themselves a kickstart. This way, they can find new prospects, start making their first sales and in the meanwhile, build an email list of people specifically interested in their product / service.
So, What is Cold email?
A cold email is an unsolicited e-mail that is sent to a receiver without prior contact. It could also be defined as the email equivalent of cold calling. Cold emailing is a subset of email marketing and differs from transactional and warm emailing.
Cold email, according to its proponents, is not spam. However, if certain steps are not followed, it may be treated as spam by spam filters or reported by the recipients.
Cold email is a personalized, one-to-one message targeted at a specific individual. Its aim is to get into a business conversation with that individual, rather than to promote a product or a service to the masses.
Cold Email and CAN-SPAM
There are three basic types of compliance when emailing to purchased email lists defined in the CAN-SPAM Act — unsubscribe compliance, content compliance, and sending behavior compliance.
Compliant cold email should be transparent and have a clear objective which should include:
- The email should include an unsubscribe option
- The email should include correct header
- The email should contain at-least one sentence.
- The email cannot be empty
- The unsubscribe option should be at the end of the email.
Your emails should not automatically subscribe recipients to receive future communications and should provide the option to opt-out of receiving any future communications via an unsubscribe link.
Please note, this is not legal advice, but to give you a general idea of what the CAN-SPAM act consists of. If you want extensive information on the CAN-SPAM act, you can always take the time to look at the FTC website.
Although many email marketing providers do not allow the sending of email newsletters to cold email lists, we have found some providers who do allow you to send email campaigns to purchased email lists.
Before we dive in to that, let’s take a moment to look at the factors which we have to take into consideration before we choose which smtp provider would be the best choice.
- The smtp provider should allow sending emails to purchased email lists.
- The bulk smtp provider should be able to deliver emails in a timely manner.
- The bulk smtp provider should have a high deliverability rate.
- The server they provide to send emails should have SPF, DKIM, rDNS, DMARC properly configured for better email deliverability.
- They should have a service where they help your IP to get off black lists if you land up on any one of them.
- They should be able to provide you with additional IP addresses if you require.
- They should have IP rotation in place which will help you to get your email delivered faster. If too many emails are sent from the same IP, your IP can get grey listed which will affect the rate at which email providers like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and others accept email from your IP.
- The provider should offer you an email marketing software like Interspire Email Marketing software, MailWizz email sending software.
By analysing the above required features, we have handpicked 7 different affordable smtp providers who do allow sending of email campaigns to purchased lists. Before going into the detailed overview of each of these providers lets take a look at the below chart which gives us a quick idea of what they have to offer.
|Multiple Domains||IP Rotation & Feedback Loop||Emails Per Hour||Rating|
|POWER MTA SERVERS||Yes||Yes||Yes||5000 to 200K||4.3/5|
|HOTSOL||Yes||Yes||Yes||5000 to 100K||4.9/5|
|MASS MAIL SERVERS||Yes||Yes||Yes||5000 to 200K||5/5|
|DAILY SENDER||Yes||Yes||NO||5000 to 200K||4.5/5|
|CLOUD SMTP SERVERS||Yes||NO||NO||5000 to 200K||4/5|
|INSTANT BULK SMTP||Yes||NO||Yes||15000 to 100K||4.7/5|
|BULK MAIL VPS||Yes||NO||Yes||5000 to 30000||4.6/5|
1. Power MTA Servers
If you are looking for a powermta solution, then, powermta servers should be your ideal choice for sending cold email campaigns to purchased email lists. They offer affordable optimised dedicated smtp servers to send millions of emails on daily basis regardless of text or html, promotional or transactional. Their dedicated smtp comes with dedicated hardware such as dedicated RAM, CPU, HDD, IP addresses and Bandwidth. They also offer free mailing software. The DKIM, SPF, rDNS is already setup with the bulk smtp servers they provide. The smtp servers they provide come with multiple additional ips so that your mails go out non stop without being blocked due to rate limits imposed by ISPs
They also offer free email marketing software that allows to track email delivery status and reports. You can track your campaign on how many people opened, bounces, rejections etc. The software also allows to manage your lists and export good and bad email addresses for future use.
POWEERMTA Servers Features:
- Host Unlimited Domain
- Create Unlimited Email Addresses
- Free SMTP Authentication settings
- Dedicated IPs with all accounts
- Free Email Marketing Software Interspire or Mailwizz
POWERMTA Servers Pricing is as follows:
- Entry – Send up-to 50,000 emails per hour for $300 per month
- Professional – Send up-to 70,000 emails per hours for $500 per month
- Business – Send up-to 100,000 emails per hour for $700 per month
- Enterprise – Send up-to 200,000 emails per hour for $ 1,000 per month.
HOTSOL is a USA based email marketing service provider which allows to send bulk emails to purchased email lists. So, if you want to buy an email list and start sending cold emails, HOTSOL is one of the most undisputed best providers around. They have been in the industry since 2007 and have servers located in the USA and Germany. Their support team is offshore.
- Manage your email lists easily using list management tools.
- Import your contact lists to the cloud.
- Segment your list to provide relevant content to the right audience
- Understand your audience better, by testing variations of your email campaign content.
- Setup multiple autoresponders.
- Send automatic responses when a subscriber takes action.
- Send rich html design emails.
- Send embedded videos and images in your emails.
- Engage your audience through social media, convert them with email marketing.
- Personalize your messages with custom tags.
- Schedule your campaigns for the future.
- Precisely track email opens, bounces, click-throughs and location of your recipient.
HOTSOL Pricing is as follows:
Starter – Send up-to 250,000 emails per month for $199.99
Pro – Send up-to 500,000 emails per month for $299.99
Premier – Send up-to 1,000,000 emails per month for $449.99
Elite – Send up-to 2,500,000 emails per month for $899.99
Supreme – Send up-to 5,000,000 emails per month for $1499.99
They also provide custom plans if you want to send more than 5 million emails per month.
3. Mass Mail Servers
Mass Mail Servers is not only one of the oldest but is also the most prominent bulk email service for cold email marketing in Asia and offshore email marketing company for North America and Europe which will allow you to send email campaigns to your purchased email list. They have been in the market since 2010. Their support team is online 24/7 to help you with any queries you might have. They have a huge customer base all around the globe who avail their services to send email newsletters and transactional emails to their purchased email lists or existing customer base.
Mass Mail Servers Features:
- Dedicated Servers with multiple IPs
- Free Email Sending Software with Auto IP warm up feature.
- IP rotation feature which enables you to deliver high volume bulk emails at high speed.
- Free IP blacklisting support to help you get your IP delisted free of cost.
- Abuse complains are handled by support without engaging the customer.
- Easy upgrade from one smtp plan to another.
- Free unlimited Re-installation
Mass Mail Servers Pricing is as follows:
Email Marketing: The email marketing plan allows you to send promotional email newsletters to your purchased email list at an affordable price of $100/per month to send 500,000 emails. One of the most competitive rates in the market.
SMTP Hosting: If you want to send transactional emails it’s the best service available online. Send 5000 to unlimited emails per hour at price starting from $174/per month.
SMTP VPS Servers: Low budget smtp vps service allows you to send between 5,000 to 10,000 emails per hour. Price starts from $175/per month. You can use for both promotional and transactional emails.
Dedicated SMTP Server: If you are a high volume sender, then this plan is for you. Prices start at $300 per month and upwards depending on the power your need. They have 4 different types of dedicated servers to choose from.
4. Daily Sender
Daily Sender provides a complete email marketing solution which gives their client a platform to enhance their product and grow their business. They have clients who are located all around the world. They provide reliable delivery, scalability and real-time analytics. They also provide with a platform where-in you can track your complete statistics. Their web-based tools help businesses grow by staying in touch with customers and prospects through email. They provide email sending, campaign management control panel which track the campaigns and provide statistics including: unsubscribe, open mails, clicked links and the bounce mails.
Daily Sender Features:
- IP Rotation Service
- rDNS, SPF, DKIM Setup
- Feedback Loop Setup service
- Allows unlimited contacts
Email Marketing Pricing:
Basic – Send up-to 50,000 emails per day at $149.99/per month
Advance – Send up-to 100,000 emails per day at $199.99/per month
Pro – Send up-to 200,000 emails per day at $249.99/per month
Corp – Send up-to 350,000 emails per day at $349.99/per month
SMTP Server Pricing:
VPS-1 – Send up-to 5000 emails per hour at $149.99/per month
VPS-2 – Send up-to 10,000 emails per hour at $199.99/per month
VPS-3 – Send up-to 20,000 emails per hour at $299.99/per month
VPS-4 – Send up-to 30,000 emails per hour at $349.99/per month
Dedicated Server Pricing:
DEDI-1 – Send up-to 40,000 emails per hour at $399.99/per month
DEDI-2 – Send up-to 60,000 emails per hour at $599.99/per month
DEDI-3 – Send up-to 100,000 emails per hour at $999.99/per month
DEDI-4 – Send up-to 200,000 emails per hour at $1499.99/per month
5. Cloud SMTP Servers
If you want to send email marketing campaigns to unlimited number of subscribers to an email list which you have purchased then cloud email server is a perfect choice. You can send emails with any desktop bulk email software or it can be intergrated with any web based online email marketing software like interspire, mailwizz or sendy.
Some people still relay their emails with normal smtp servers like yahoo, gmail, hotmail whereas cloud smtp servers provide best solutions for email marketing. You can scale the cloud email servers as per your needs and requirements without moving your data.
The servers provided by cloud email servers come with full tracking features which help you to track down your email delivery. Each cloud smtp server comes with dedicated IPs and free SPF, DKIM, DMARC and rDNS setup. They also offer free software with each smtp server.
Cloud SMTP Servers Features:
Easy to Integrate – You can use our smtp sever with any email marketing software or application.
Clean & Minimal Design – Easily configurable with your popular CMS platforms – WordPress, Joomla & more.
99.99% server uptime – Enjoy 99.99% uptime with our high volume email delivery friendly network.
Secured Server – Our SMTP servers are 100% secured and DDOS protected.
24/7 customer support – Cloud Smtp Servers provide 24/7 support.
Live Chat Support – Get fix your issues right away using our live chat support.
Cloud SMTP Servers Pricing:
Personal – Send up-to 5000 emails per hour for $100/per month
Small Team – Send up-to 15,000 emails per hour for $250/per month
Company – Send up-to 40,000 emails per hour for $600/per month
Big Shot – Send up-to 70,000 emails per hour for $1,000/per month
Dedicated Could SMTP Servers Pricing:
DDS-1 – Send up-to 200,000 – 300,000 emails per day for $300/per month
DDS-2 – Send up-to 400,000 – 500,000 emails per day for $450/per month
DDS-3 – Send up-to 1,000,000 email per day for $700/per month
DDS-4 – Send up-to 2,000,000 emails per day for $1,000/per month
6. Instant Bulk SMTP
Instant Bulk SMTP is an outgoing email service that will allow you to send emails from your email address whether you have your own software or not. Incorporated in the year 2011, they used to offer SMTP hosting, but now they have started offering affordable dedicated email servers as well which you can use to send emails to your purchased email lists.
Instant Bulk SMTP is compatible with virtually all e-mail programs / applications that support SMTP authentication like :
- E-mail clients ( Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Interspire)
- Mail list / bulk e-mail software ( Max Bulk Mailer, Infacta Group Mail )
- Mail server software ( Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino )
- Mail transfer agents ( Sendmail, Postfix, Exim )
- Web scripting ( PHP, ASP )
Instant Bulk SMTP Features:
- Send Unlimited Emails.
- Create multiple addresses.
- Simple Integration with your application.
- Free Mailing Software (Optional).
- Setup rDNS, SPF, Domain Keys yourself.
- Send your messages in both Text and HTML format.
- Dedicated IP with free replacement once.
- POP/IMAP connectivity for bounce processing
- Reliability and 100% Bulk Friendly Guaranteed!
- Free support 24/7
- No long term contracts.
- SMTP Rotation
Instant Bulk SMTP Pricing:
Basic – Send up-to 1,000 emails per hour for $50/per month
Starter – Send up-to 5,000 emails per hour for $100/per month
Business – Send up-to 10,000 emails per hour for $150/per month
Professional – Send up-to 30,000 emails per hour for $200/per month
Premium – Send up-to 50,000 emails per hour for $300/per month
Instant Bulk Dedicated SMTP Server Pricing:
Plan 1 – Send up-to 15,000 emails per hour for $250/per month
Plan 2 – Send up-to 25,000 emails per hour for $350/per month
Plan 3 – Send up-to 36,000 emails per hour for $450/per month
Plan 4 – Send up-to 50,000 emails per hour for $750/per month
Plan 5 – Send up-to 100,000 emails per hour for $1,000/per month
7. BULK Mail VPS
Bulk MAIL VPS provides budget smtp and dedicated servers which can be used to send email campaigns to a list which you may have purchased. They provide free email sending software and IP delisting support services as well. They are affordable and good for a start.
Bulk Mail VPS Features:
- Dedicated IPs with each VPS
- SMTP VPS servers with free email marketing software
- SPF, DKIM, DMARC, rDNS setup
- Free IP rotation service with dedicated servers
- You can buy additional IP addresses if you want.
BULK MAIL VPS Pricing:
They offer 2 types of email servers as shown below:
SMTP VPS: Sending emails from 50000 per day to 300K per day a cheap email marketing solution for affiliate marketers start from 50$/month.
Dedicated Bulk Mail Servers: Sending high volume transactional or promotional emails best solution price start from 199.99$/month.
Lastly, I would like to make note that although we do not specifically recommend using any of the services mentioned above, they are the most affordable email sending smtp services which we found were available online for you to send an email campaign if you buy an email list to start promoting your business. Hope you enjoyed this article and that it gave you the answers your were looking for as to which providers can be used to send email campaigns to purchased email lists.